Monday, 8 October 2012

The perks of being a student

As much as I shouldn't be spending my loan money of clothes, it's just so hard not to when everywhere is offering 20% student discount. Needless to say I took advantage of this and made a couple of orders. 


 First up are the bits I bought from Topshop. Topshop do 20% student discount every year around the same time and usually I wait until they do before I buy anything. This year though there really wasn't much I wanted so I used the opportunity to buy some wardrobe staples. Firstly I bought this camouflage jacket which I had actually wanted for a little while but couldn't really justify the £48 price tag, but with 20% off it seemed more reasonable so I decided to invest. Next I bought these coated high wasted shorts, I originally wanted some leather shorts but decided that these were a better choice and would be more comfortable, also they are a little more subtle than leather so I thought they would be more versatile. Lastly I bought this basic oversized t-shirt. This is just a good wardrobe staple for slouchy days plus it's really oversized which I love. 



I was also surprised to see River Island offering 20% student discount, as they don't do student discount usually, but hey I'm not complaining. I never used to be a fan of River Island, but I feel like this season they have really stepped it up and there is loads of stuff on my wish list. I needed some new jeans and usually I only buy Topshop Leigh jeans, but recently I have found that I have loads of tops with short hem lines and have found that I can't find any bottoms to wear with them, so when I saw these high wasted skinnies, I decided to try them and I'm actually really impressed with them, and they were only £30, so with 20% off they cost £24, a bargain for jeans. I also bought this knitted t-shirt dress which looks really nice with tights and boots, and this plain black beanie for the colder days that are rapidly approaching. 


Ok, maybe I went a little crazy but hopefully these bits should see me through the winter. God, I really need to stop online shopping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment