Tuesday, 25 September 2012

L'Oreal Preference Wild Ombre: Review

So, you may have seen a couple weeks ago I did a post about how excited I was that L'Oreal Preference were launching their own at home dip-dye range 'wild ombre'. Well, I finally managed to find some, in asda of all places (on offer at £5) and was so excited to get home and try it out.



I thought it would be more complicated than it was but it was actually super easy. Just like standard at home dyes, you mix all the little bits together, and it comes with step by step instructions so no way of going wrong. The only main difference is in application as obviously to get the ombre effect you only do the ends of your hair or as far up as you want the effect to start. The kit comes with a little brush so you can comb the dye through so that it's even and you can easily see how far up you have gone on each side. The instructions suggest leaving the dye on for 25-45 minutes, which is quite long for an at home dye, but I guess that's because you are trying to lighten the hair.

I have to say, I was actually really disappointed with the results of this product. I have been trying to find a good at home dip-dye for ages and thought this one sounded really promising. I got shade no.2 which is dark blonde to medium brown. My hair at the moment I would say is medium brown, there was also a shade for dark brown to medium so could have picked either one but I chose no.2 as I wanted a quite noticeable result. I left the product on for 45 minutes, so the longest recommended time and can honestly say I can see hardly any difference at all. Maybe my hair just doesn't take dye that well, but after 45 minutes you would think I would see some difference, especially as this product is designed specifically for lightening hair. I guess I will just have to go to the salon next time. 

After using L'Oreal Preference Wild Ombre shade No.2
 Have you used this product? Or do you have any recommendations for a good at home dip-dye? 

6 comments:

  1. Just followed you, found you on BBU blog hop. Maybe we can follow each other.

    http://ohhletmesee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you used the No.1 kit for darker hair, you would have more noticeable lighter results, as it will contain a stronger bleach to lift hair colour ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I'd love to ombre my hair sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try this, I might try the one for dark brown hair so it turns out 'blonder!'

    Love your blog, following you ...I'd love if you could follow me back!

    Charlee
    british-belle. blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours is the best I've seen online! I'm doing mine as I write this and I can't wait to wash it out :) xxx

    ReplyDelete