Thursday, 13 September 2012

hair rescue

Having just returned from holiday, my hair was in need of some serious TLC. Not only has it had a week of sun and chlorine abuse, it also had to suffer at the hands of some very cheap and cheerful shampoo and conditioner we had to buy there because we thought hand luggage was a good plan. Sometimes, it really is just worth paying the extra to take luggage. 

Before I went away I picked up some VO5 Hot Oil Moisture Soak Elixir in shower treatment. I had used this a couple of times before my holiday and not given too much thought to the results. However, I found as soon as my hair felt a bit dry or damaged, I couldn't wait to use this product. 



Moisture Soak Elixir claims to "double the strength of all hair to reduce breakage" and " remove 75% more chlorine than shampoo alone" so perfect for use after returning from holiday. The product is applied directly on to the hair before shampooing and left for a minute before rinsing. 

After using this product on dry, damaged hair, the results are definitely more noticeable and have made me appreciate the condition it has left my hair in so much more than when I had used it previously. It has smoothed out tangles that I was barley able to get a brush through before washing, as well as leaving my hair feeling so soft and shiny. It feels really moisturised and the dry ends have vanished. 

nice smooth hair courtesy of VO5 Moisture Soak Elixir
Moisture Soak Elixir is a weekly treatment and has little guidelines down the side as to how much you should be using each time which is handy. I think it costs around £5 from boots or superdrug, and if you follow the guides should last around 5 weeks which is pretty good going. Definitely worth checking out if your hair also needs some TLC. 

4 comments:

  1. your hair colour is SO nice!arghhh i love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! It's a little lighter than usual here as I had just returned from holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered your blog :). Found this post really useful, and think I'm going to have to pick this up as I've heard so many good things about it. I wish I'd known about it when my hair was destroyed on holiday this year. Ravaged hair. Eek. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a really good product definetly worth trying out! Good value for money as well! It sorted my ends right out after holiday :) xx

    ReplyDelete