Monday, 27 August 2012

John Frieda Full Repair shampoo and conditioner: Review

John Frieda Full Repair shampoo and conditioner



I'm such a shampoo junkie. My mum is constantly whining at me for filling up the shower with bottles, and when I was moving out of my uni house, I had 8 bottles of different shampoos and conditioners to sort out, none of which were empty. Advertising absolutely works on me and if I think there’s a chance that the product will give me long shiny locks like the model they’ve used in the picture, I’m all over it.

The latest addition to my collection was the John Frieda Full Repair shampoo and conditioner. I used to be addicted to their Brilliant Brunette range and had heard some good things about this particular range so thought I would give it a go (plus it was 3 for £10 in Boots, or £7.99 each, winner!)

Okay, so this shampoo and conditioner combo claims to ‘repair the look and feel of overstyled hair as it weightlessly restores bounce for full, flowing styles. Detangles strands, reducing the risk of breaking and snagging when combing or brushing’.  

 I've been using this now for a couple of weeks and so far, so good. In terms of fulfilling its claims, I have seen a definite change in the amount of breakage when brushing; normally, when I brush my hair my lap gets covered in ends (I know I know, it needs a cut) but since using these products this has dramatically decreased, which both me and my carpet are pretty happy about.

I also think that using this has injected some much needed volume into my hair, it just sits nicely after drying and the product doesn't weigh it down too much, so you don’t get that ‘I hate my hair the day it’s washed’ kinda issue with this. Because of that though, I wouldn't say these are the hair products that have made my hair the shiniest it has ever been, so if you love your hair looking shiny and sleek, this maybe isn't the best choice. Also, it doesn't have the most amazing smell, which I know isn't really that important but I love It when my hair is freshly washed and smells amazing. It does still smell nice and fresh though. 

I think I will stick with this one for a while, as it does seem to be improving the condition of my hair, but eventually I know I will start to crave the shine. 

My blowdryed hair after washing with Full Repair range

No comments:

Post a Comment